Here is a list of some Home Remedies that will cure cracked heels and take the pain and embarrassment away:
Homemade foot mask
This mask made of salt, glycerin and rose water is the perfect home remedy for cracked heel treatment. It can also be really soothing relief after a long day of work.
- First of all take a basin filled with warm water. Add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerin and rose water. Put your feet in the basin and relax for 15-20 minutes, there is the nice and soothing relief I was talking about!
- After this take a pumice stone and scrub both your heels and sides of the feet.
- When finished scrubbing take 1 tsp undiluted glycerin, 1 tsp rise water and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix all of these ingredients and apply them to your feet. This is a sticky mixture so it is recommended to put on a pair of socks and wear it while sleeping.
- In the morning wash the mask off with warm water.
- You can repeat this treatment for a few days until your heels are smooth and healed.
One of the main reason behind cracked heels is the dry skin. Applying this remedy is kind of straight forward, vegetable oil will soften the skin on the heels and therefore heal it.
- Before applying Vegetable Oil make sure your feet are completely washed and dried.
- Apply the oil on the cracked spots of the heel and put on a pair of thick socks.
- Wash off with warm water in the morning.
This treatment is recommended for severely cracked heels followed with great pain.
- Start the treatment by mixing the paraffin wax with mustard and coconut oil
- Heat this mix in a pan till the wax is completely melted. Let the mixture cool down little bit until reaching room temperature.
- Apply on cracked spots of the heel and put on some tick socks.
- Wash out in the morning with warm water.
This homemade paste made of powdered oatmeal and some jojoba oil is a superb way to heal your cracked heels. You can make this paste by taking 1 tsp of powdered oatmeal and some jojoba oil and mix them until you get this perfect thick paste.
- Apply the paste over your heels, especially over the cracked spots
- After half an hour rinse it with some warm water.
You can repeat this treatment until the cracks are completely healed.
In this treatment you are actually making a scrub that is great for dry and cracked heels
- To make the paste, grab 2-3 tsp of ground rice, add some honey and apple cider vinegar. This will give you nice scrubbing paste. For extremely dry heels it is recommended to add couple of spoons of olive oil.
- Take a basing of warm water and soak your feet for about 10 minutes. After your feet are completely soaked, scrub them with this homemade paste to remove all of the dead skin.
Aside from being great moisturizer for your feet, honey also has great antibacterial properties. Similarly as the first treatment, besides healing this treatment has a great portion of relieving effect.
- It starts with mixing one cup of honey with a basin of warm and soothing water.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- After your feet are completely soaked apply a gentle scrub on your feet. The outcome is soft and supple feet.