The human body is meant to be an alkaline organism, but we go against nature and make them acidic. Why would you prefer junk food over health-friendly fruits and veggies? Acidic pH values affect the immune function, and make the body susceptible to disease.
If you are healthy-conscious, you probably do everything in your power to obtain your health at an optimal level. Here are the top 5 alkaline foods.
Swiss chard is a great alkaline food, and it possesses anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Melon is great at cleansing the colon, plus it has an amazing pH value estimated to 8.5. Watermelon is also great, because this high-fiber fruit is 92% water.
Buckwheat will keep you full throughout the day and will improve the energy. You should consume more buckwheat to strengthen your heart and maintain optimal cardiovascular function.
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids than any other food.
Not only these seeds are highly alkaline, but they are also high in fiber and vitamin E. They reduce hot flashes in menopausal women, because of their anti-inflammatory potential.
Other alkaline foods
- Avocados are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats that strengthen the heart
- Bananas are an excellent superfood
- Berries are rich in antioxidants
- Carrots contain beta-carotene, known for its ability to improve vision
- Garlic can regulate blood pressure
- Broccoli decreases cholesterol
- Grapes are high in multivitamins and antioxidants, and they are great for patients with hypertension
- Pineapple helps with weight loss
- Alfalfa sprouts are easy to digest and come packed with enzymes that provide normal hormonal balance
- Lemons are one of the most amazing alkaline food. The citrus fruit also helps with colds, cough and flu relief.
- Brussels sprouts provide strong anti-cancer potential
- Sauerkraut and other fermented foods are the probiotics you should add to your diet
- Cauliflower is an excellent substitute of bread
- Grapefruit is a great source of vitamin A and C
- Seaweeds are high in iron and decrease acidity
- Quinoa regulates blood sugar
- Cucumber is 90% water, and it keeps your skin healthy and youthful
- Parsley detoxifies intestines
- Mango is excellent for cleansing the colon.
- Spinach is the ultimate veggie that contains tons of vitamins
- Oranges protect against colds
- Papaya is a natural laxative and it keeps your colon clean.